Saturday, October 21, 2006

A SLOW, SLOW POUNCE

Alex swears / I transmuted / The woman on the 2 used

a magnifying / glass to read the police / blotter, naps

of afro jutting from / her hat / A woman may extend

to the tip of the / feather in her / hat, or further / a bullet’s

wet anchor / I was studying rhythm / a slow, slow

pounce or drag / the way a flame disappears / in the tube

of a shaft of sun / the tip wet / magnifying afros

A woman used a piece of glass to read the police her hat / a slow, slow bullet

disappearing in the tube / Alex swears I’m wearing my Dead

Ringers surgery socks / swears I’m singing My Pistol

in Your Mouth Blues / an orange light / blinking on Bleeker

blotter / further / feather / anchor / as certainly I grow

sick at placing myself, at replacing / myself in the scenes

No comments: