Friday, September 22, 2006

I CARE ABOUT MOVIES

It’s afternoon and I look at digital equivalents of music, look

insane because my eyes are bagged and my hair is stringy

like an Aztec sun I can’t stop desiring women with children their eyes

forceful no, seriously forceful of course I’m afraid

of women I’m afraid of men too, the day thrown to pieces

symphonic goading a word—cognac tempering the air

a cognate lurking insidious a country in my skull

She is a sleeping thing warm like a machine or a broom

among brooms The world persists machinic I want you

to find its little blots its unclinical wefts, I want

to bed in the unknowing your fingers become I care about the movies

* * * * *

It is said the last woman who tattoos you is your wife

To be a self is to be a sudden cipher interpellated by faces

a tattoo that moves A man’s expensive shoes invade me

ballistic earrings quiver around the soft circle of a neck

this false peace a pantomime of not falling

I want to locate a no stillness this false peace

Topographies of rumor jutting in the streets

The one about the country without torture, torture so

plain it seeps into a garland of irises islands of nail

clippings caught in the leaves coincidences all

that matters that matter inebriated, tenebrous

We awed so much that tending to life put us to sleep

No comments: